[OM] Re: Heartbreak of the X3...

Subject: [OM] Re: Heartbreak of the X3...
From: Andrew Dacey <adacey@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 17:51:48 -0400
On 12/20/05, Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> If Foveon had a better product I'm sure they wouldn't have any trouble
> getting Oly to buy it.  Who needs a better sensor than Oly?

True but Foveon had signed an exclusive contract with Sigma back
before the 4/3 system was even being talked about publicly. I'm not
sure if they're still bound by that or if it's expired.

Not to mention that Olympus is partnering with Kodak and Fuji for the
4/3 system and they might take issue with Olympus using a different
sensor (as opposed to their sensors), I'd strongly suspect that it's
part of the terms of their agreement. Granted, with Sigma being a
partner as well that could be a loophole. Now that'd be something, if
Sigma came out with a 4/3 body with a Foveon sensor.