[OM] Re: Weird problem on my OM1n

Subject: [OM] Re: Weird problem on my OM1n
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 06:43:01 -0800 (PST)
> > I'm using weincell on it, since I cannot find a mercury
> cell, is it the cause ?
> > or is it possible that the camera is not perfectly sealed ?
> > or the problem with high shutter speed ?

The weincells have a pretty short life span.  If the battery is
flat, you'll overexpose.  Another aspect is the focus screen.
What focus screen is in the camera?

If the meter or linkage is shot, you choices would be a
Clint/John repair or go to "box-top metering".  ie, use the
printed exposure guide on the inside of your film boxes.

Oh, one other thought is that the aperture stopdown linking is
broke or the shutter speeds aren't working right.  Somewhere
around 1/60 the shutter timing mechanism "changes modes". It's
possible that it works properly when slower than 1/60, but then
is stuck on 1/60 as you go towards 1/500.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com