[OM] Re: Tamron 180 SP, was: Zoom Lens for OM system

Subject: [OM] Re: Tamron 180 SP, was: Zoom Lens for OM system
From: Martin Walters <mwalters@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 08:45:03 -0500
The Tamron 180 seems to sell for high US$300s or more in "shops".  On
Eb*y over the last year, those that I saw went in the low- to
mid-US$200s, if I remember correctly. When I bought mine, there seemed
to be none on the site. However, I got a good deal at Adorama, though I
did look at it in person before buying.  The Tamron mates nicely with
the Oly 1.4X-A.  I've also had good results using an old Tamron 2X
converter.  Aside from comments about the Zuiko 180 and CA, the clincher
for me was price.  I know, it's not a Zuiko, but............

Martin