[OM] Re: Tamron 180 SP, was: Zoom Lens for OM system

Subject: [OM] Re: Tamron 180 SP, was: Zoom Lens for OM system
From: Andrew McPhee <macca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 14:36:42 +1100
Bart wrote:

><snip>The Tamron could be a cheaper opportunity (with possibly even better
>optical
>quality) to get aquiainted with fast tele primes.
>But it is so UGLY, and it doesn't feed any Zuikoholoc need, whereas the
>180/2.8 has a certain cuddlyness....

I've been waiting for a Zuiko 180/2.8 but whenever one appeared on Aussie
oboy I didn't have the readies.  The last one appeared on oboy in Jan 2005
so another is overdue for an appearance.

And you're right Bart, the Zuiko looks so much sexier than the Tamron.

And jeff wrote:
>I've seen the Tamron 180/2.5 sell for less than $200 but very infrequently.
>I don't think I've ever seen the Zuiko 180/2.8 sell for less than $300+.

That roughly equates to what I've seen down here in Oz.  The four Zuiko
180/2.8 that sold on oboy Australia in the past year fell in the AU$416 -
AU$569 range (US$310 - US$424).

Andrew McPhee
http://www.dev-stop-fix.com/