[OM] Re: Abe's of Maine [was Henry's of Toronto - any good?]

Subject: [OM] Re: Abe's of Maine [was Henry's of Toronto - any good?]
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 11:08:11 -0500
Well, you may be tougher than I am on this subject.  Prior to the digital
revolution and Internet, Beach Camera (Motto: "Doing Business With Us Is
Like A Day At The Beach" to which the wags would respond, "Only if you want
to get soaked!!") earned a horrific reputation.  Now they're regularly
recommended by people at Fred Miranda's forum and have a high rating at
ResellerRatings -- same number as B&H by coincidence.

So, yes, I've observed that it's possible for a company that had "dishonest
and underhanded business practices" to change.  Sometimes it takes new
management, sometimes the threat of going out of business.  Whatever the
motivation, everyone benefits when ethical business practices prevail.

All IMO, of course.  ;o)

ScottGee1