[OM] Re: Color print film recommendations

Subject: [OM] Re: Color print film recommendations
From: "Orin Keplinger" <orink@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 02:05:02 -0600
Andy:

I don't have much experience with films yet, but you might be interested in
something I have recently seen in the Wal-Mart stores. Some stores are
stocking 12 exposure rolls of a Kodak Ultra Pro vivid color 400 film for $
1.34 / box. I just came across it yesterday. It says on the box that it is a
trial size... or something like that. It seems to just be in the super
Wal-Mart stores so far. I have hit seven stores on my way home from work and
found it in two. I kept the rolls in the car so I can give it a try on the
next good day.

http://www.shutterbug.com/test_reports/0904sb_kodak/

The rolls are hung by a big flap and I found them in a electronic clearance
area in one store and in the small camera case / children's digital cameras
area of the photo dept in the other store. I think I did see some in the
"three and four rolls of 24 exp/ roll" film section in one of the other
stores, as well; but when testing cameras and lens, I prefer the twelve exp.
rolls.I am near Chicago so I can try more than a few stores without too much
trouble.

As Ever,
Orin Keplinger
near Chicago