[OM] Re: Zoom Lens for OM system

Subject: [OM] Re: Zoom Lens for OM system
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 08:41:04 -0800
For basic specifications refer to Pier's translation of the Japanese site

http://www.hemy.me.uk/Miscellany/TamronMFLenses.htm

or the Japanese site

http://www.tamron.co.jp/data/a2-lens/mflens.htm

If you hear of something better than the Tamron 80-200/2.8, I would like to
know what it is. It seems to be the best performing fast zoom for OM mount.

The Zuiko zooms are not near as fast but they are tiny compared to the
Tamron. Alternatively, you could probably carry a 135, 180, and 1.4x
teleconverter as easily as you could carry the Tamron zoom.

-jeff

----Original Message Follows----
From: Michael Wong <mialop@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

     Hi, all,
I am a new guy as OMer in HK. I love saturation & color of Zuiko lens.
I own 35-80/2.8 ED & I want to find one more zoom lens for my system.
I found that Tamron 80-200mm F2.8 LD & Vivitar 70-210mm F4 are fulfill
my requirement. I wish to hold faster speed so I prefer Tamron
80-200mm F2.8 LD. Unfortunately, there is lack of samples of it in the
internet. Would you please advise some websites for my reference?
By the way, I heard that Tamron 80-200mm F2.8 LD is so heavy. How weight is
it?

Thank you very much!

Michael