[OM] Re: OT: Can*n backpack deal

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: Can*n backpack deal
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 07:19:33 -0800 (PST)
> I spent ages trying to find one that would hold a Canon 10D
> with
> booster and a large lens - the top was always too narrow - I
> eventually found a Lowepro TLZ Pro AW cheap. It's large but I
> think they make 2 or three sizes - mine would be a bit large
> for the E1 I suspect. it is perfect for a Canon, even with
> the 70-200mm!

With the booster pack, the E-1 and 10D are pretty much the same
size. Your primary space/weight gains are in the lenses.  At
least with the lowcost pedestrian versions I own.

An issue with the E-1 is the lack of a left side. As the camera
is "hanging" nose down, the body isn't balanced. Since it isn't
fully cradled, there is a constant side pressure on the mounted
lens. Probably a non-issue, but I have placed a lens and flash
directly below the mounted lens seperated by a padded divider.
This way the nose of the lens is getting a little bit of
pressure--not much, but a little. This relieves the side
pressure.

AG

http://farechase.yahoo.com