[OM] Re: OT: Can*n backpack deal

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: Can*n backpack deal
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 09:24:48 -0800 (PST)
> Amazon has a special on the Can*n 200eg backpack. Just an FYI:

I recently bought one of these (like a moron, at nearly full
price), and am very pleased with it.  It's just a tad narrow,
though, so if you are thick in the upper trunk the straps might
dig in a little.

The biggest "flaw" in the design is that the thickness at the
top is too little to hold a DSLR with battery grip.  I don't
think it could be used to hold a 1D series camera.  Personally,
I like to carry a DSLR nose-down. This way dust behind the
curtain will settle on the curtain instead of the sensor. As
such, the nose-down position (with attached lens) would be at
the top.

Further down, the space is thick enough to hold a 200/4 upright.

As to capacity, I carry in mine:

E-1 (usually mounted with the 14-54 zoom with Tulip shade in the
ready position), Vivitar 285HV, 200/4, 100/2.8, 50/3.5, 35/2.8,
24/2.8, 35mm mystery lens, OM-2S, Filters, cleaning products and
film.

In the side pockets, I carry compact binoculars and a light
meter.  In the other enclosed space, I can carry a small water
bottle and munchies, gloves and a couple other handy things.

The straps are worthless for carrying a tripod with.  They are
the thread through buckle design which take two minutes to
attach or detach.  I'm converting mine over to standard buckle
type straps.

For the price, this backpack cannot be beat.  I think it's an
outstanding Zuiko Carrier.  I wouldn't want it any bigger
because I wouldn't want to CARRY any more weight than I can
stuff in it.

To bad about the Canon logo.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com