[OM] Re: OT: battery question

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: battery question
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 14:44:18 -0600
On 11/13/05, Simon Worby <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Joel Wilcox asked:
>
> > In a simple-minded way, typical of many of my passages through
> > life, I guess I am making the assumption that a 357 will do
> > everything a LR44 needs to do, but also more.  Can anyone who
> > knows battery lore bless this assumption?
>
> I don't profess to be an expert, either, but, FWIW share your opinion.
> I've just replaced the LR44 in my digital calipers with and OM-destined
> SR44 (357) from the fridge. I think the silver ones are just better (but
> dearer).
>
> Simon

Thanks for responding.  I don't think it's probably a big deal in any
case, but I am curious.  We've had a lot of threads about not using
LR44s where 357s are wanted, but I don't think the reverse has been
covered.  I do remember now that the OM2000 comes with LR44s, but I
think the documentation says that SR44/357s are fine too, which
perhaps tends to support the assumption.

Joel W.