[OM] [OT] The pain of lost opportunities

Subject: [OM] [OT] The pain of lost opportunities
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 20:26:01 +1100
There are things for which you are never quite prepared. One came my
way today. There I was at the local garage to pick up the old Pajero,
gritting my teeth in anticipation of the bill for a rebuilt limited
slip diff. when I looked sideways and notice something quite unusual
in the deserted workshop. Girl in the tiniest bikini that I've EVER
seen. Blonde with more makeup than clothing. Double take.
Photographer with Canon 1Ds, 70-200mm, two monoblocks, soft box (no
puns -please), wireless trigger - amazing what you can take in at a
glance. Auto magazine shoot (I discovered later).
Do I have have a camera on me? Two actually. High class compact
didges in a belt pack. So? What's the problem? Wife standing behind
me with dog and a thumping big axle rebuild bill in her hand. One
wrong move and I'm paying that bill myself. One offer to hold the
reflector and I'm history too. Arrrrrgggghhhh!
What did I say? "Don't panic dear, I'm interesting in his equipment,
not hers." I'm just enough of a gear geek to have got away with that.
Just.
AndrewF
(She seemed to be covered with oil...!)