[OM] Re: Fungal Fisheye update was - Re: a nice heartwarming picture

Subject: [OM] Re: Fungal Fisheye update was - Re: a nice heartwarming picture
From: swisspace <swisspace@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 10:17:17 +0100
Just to update those who are interested, I bought some modelling clay
and made a mould in an  old film holder canister which I had cut in
half, it was later I just tried the element in the lid of the canister
and the larger element fits it perfectly, it is also tapered so mybe if
lady luck is with me it aligns with the smaller element. The problem
(from what I have read)  is getting it all level which helps the glue
spread evenly, so I will make a new mold using the film canister top. I
don't think I will use these moulds though because I can verify
alignment pretty accurately using method below.

I put the element of a piece of clean paper and spun it, from this I can
see (with naked eye) that the elements are look concentric, which makes
the repositioning after glueing much easier.

Ian