[OM] Re: Photoshop RAW converter question (now RSE)

Subject: [OM] Re: Photoshop RAW converter question (now RSE)
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 07:47:51 +0800
Different camera RAW may perform differently in one converter or the others.
Your experience in A1 could mean its own converter is not doing a good job.
With E-1 I didn't see different in resolution at low ISO at least with the
four RAW converters I just put in test. At high ISO the Olympus Viewer is
suffering from lost of details in low contrast noise area, my experience is
this can be solved with Olympus Studio's false color suppression feature.

If you care about resolution, get a E-300 for the type of job you need
better resolution. I did a comparison with E-1, the E-300 provide a much
sharper image. The Olympus Viewer cannot trun off sharpening like in E-1 but
in CS2 it can, eliminate any unwanted sharpening artifacts. The E-300 is a
very good investment at current price, if you can stick with ISO100 or 200
it is a great camera.

C.H.Ling