[OM] Re: Photoshop RAW converter question

Subject: [OM] Re: Photoshop RAW converter question
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 23:33:46 +0800
One word about resolution, most of the RAW converters I have used has
un-noticable different in resolution (I don't think RSE can do a better
job), the major different is some can turn off the sharpness more than the
other.

The default setting of RSE has very strong sharpening. Ok, at the same time
they keep the sharpen artifacts in good control. Even I set the output -50
(minimum position) but there is still some sharpening done. For the other
samples I have either turn off the sharpening or set them to minimum.

I prefer to left the sharpening be done in PS especially with Olympus RAW,
they have used un-sharp mask with quite high Radius and Threshold value,
which can reduce the noise in one way but making the details look not very
fine.

C.H.Ling