[OM] Re: Photoshop RAW converter question

Subject: [OM] Re: Photoshop RAW converter question
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 08:27:41 -0800 (PST)
> I have to reconsider somewhat my criticism of ACR. There does
> seem to be a very big influence of the white balance
> adjustment, and it is differently treated by ACR and C1.

Whoa there.  Now that is quite interesting.  One of my
criticisms of the E-1 is the too red bias in the WB.  A slight
variance in tint with the different converter engines might just
be part of what I'm seeing.  (not totally, but a contributer).

The fact is, it really is hard to beat the Olympus Viewer/Studio
conversion engine.  It does a really fine job and the workflow
management side of the software is quite good. I just wish they
would have included some of the printer templates that are
included in the low-end Olympus software which comes with the
Camedia series.

We tend to think that third-party software solutions are
"better" than the stuff that came with the camera.  In the case
of Olympus Viewer (version 1.3), that isn't necessarily true.

AG

http://farechase.yahoo.com