[OM] Re: OM-4 + Winder 2 Fun

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-4 + Winder 2 Fun
From: Philip Pemberton <philpem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 20:18:12 GMT
In message <001c01c5e490$8de81d30$0a00000a@your9ya3hf92n3>
          "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Phil, I *think* the winder receptacle is for the MD caps of OM-1 and OM-2
> bodies, not for the 2SP, 3, or 4 bodies.  Your idea sounds good, but take
> care!

Well, it's out. I'm going to see about rubbing down the lips on the
receptacle slightly. If that doesn't work, I'll leave it and keep the

> And I am *sure* that yours is an early OM-4, which does not switch off its
> battery check afer 30 secs.  You can try for yourself...

Yup, it's got the original circuitry in it. 45 seconds and it didn't switch
off.
Oh well - remembering to switch it to "B" is no worse than remembering to
switch the OM10 to "OFF", except it seems a lot harder to knock an OM4 out of
"B" than it is to knock the selector on an OM10 to "ON" while packing it
away...

Thanks,
--
Phil.                              | Acorn RiscPC600 SA220 64MB+6GB 100baseT
philpem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx              | Athlon64 3200+ A8VDeluxe R2 512MB+100GB