[OM] Re: OM-4 + Winder 2 Fun

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-4 + Winder 2 Fun
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 14:51:15 -0800
Philip Pemberton wrote:

>Yup, it's got the original circuitry in it. 45 seconds and it didn't switch
>off.
>Oh well - remembering to switch it to "B" is no worse than remembering to
>switch the OM10 to "OFF", except it seems a lot harder to knock an OM4 out of
>"B" than it is to knock the selector on an OM10 to "ON" while packing it
>away...

Unless you pack things so that something might press on the shutter
release, there is no advantage to setting an OM-4 to one of the "red
speeds".  At maybe $1.50 a pair in modest bulk quantity, batteries just
shouldn't be an issue. I always keep some spares in the bags. And I
don't jam things in willy-nilly, so I don't use the red speeds to turn
them off.

Early circuits like yours simply have a drain when "off" that's too high
and cna kill batteries in a few months, even if not used. The later
circuits don't really turn off all the way either, but they do have much
lower drain in quiescent state. If storing any 4 for any length of time,
just remove the batteries.

Moose