[OM] Re: shooting stars

Subject: [OM] Re: shooting stars
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 21:59:38 -0500
Stars are so small and so distant that they are nothing but mathematical
points which can not be magnified.  Star images do not respond to focal
length and focal ratio in the same way that extended objects do.  The
only thing they respond to is the size of the aperture.  The bigger the
better unless the lens performs poorly wide open.  But if you're just
shooting star trails the images will be blurred anyhow so shoot wide
open and cut the exposure time.

Chuck Norcutt