[OM] Re: Alien Bees lighting question (with Olympus equipment)

Subject: [OM] Re: Alien Bees lighting question (with Olympus equipment)
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 14:19:30 -0500
No, sorry.  I don't own any softboxes other than the small size "brolly
box" that the Bees sell. <http://www.alienbees.com/brolly.html>

I bought them to have something very small to be used in my house but
haven't had to buy anything else as I now have full access to a well
supplied studio which has very nice Photoflex softboxes.  I have some
Photoflex umbrellas and I can say that everything I've seen from
Photoflex is very well made.  I'm also told the Photoflex softboxes are
color neutral... but maybe not so important in these days of digital and
custom white balance settings.

But Photoflex ain't cheap.  If I needed some softboxes myself I'd
probably buy something cheap on ebay and throw it out if it wasn't good
enough.  I did buy some cheap umbrellas once but now I'd pay the freight
for Photoflex.  No comparison on construction quality.

Chuck Norcutt