[OM] Alien Bees lighting question (with Olympus equipment)

Subject: [OM] Alien Bees lighting question (with Olympus equipment)
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 10:32:58 EST
I'm thinking of buying an Alien Bees strobe to be used with a soft box for
some relatively small product type shots and an occasional human shot.  The
space in which I will most often be working is small (10 X 12) and was thinking

of their smaller unit B400 or the medium B800 unit. Does any one have any
experience with these units/this general set up and then the most important
part, any opinions.

Specifically, I will be using it to photograph stuff I am selling on ebay
and what others will be selling either on consignment with me or on their  own.

Some stuff will be tented however others could be done quite nicely  with
just a soft box.

I also am developing a class for those who want to capture more  memorable
images of their children and grandchildren and I was thinking it could  be used
to simulate (sort of) how the nature and quality of light changes during  the
day.  My students will be Mom and Pop or Grandparents, who own a camera  and
don't have a clue about how to get good images with it.  That is an  infinite
market (IMHO).

Bill Barber