[OM] Re: Kodak T400CN - processing?

Subject: [OM] Re: Kodak T400CN - processing?
From: Andrew Dacey <adacey@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 13:02:01 -0400
On 11/1/05, GeeBee <geebee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Kodak T400 CN is discontinued but I would happily have transferred to their
> replacement Kodak BW400 if I could get whichever 14 year old Boots/Tescos
> have put in charge of the processing machine to believe that C41 is the same
> for b&w or colour.

Idealy, what you want to do is hope they don't notice the B&W part on
the film (I can't remember but I seem to recall it wasn't all that
obvious on the T400CN rolls) and not mention a thing about it being
B&W. The clueless 14 year old will probably just assume it's normal
colour film and treat it as such. Then, when the film comes back you
can complain to them about messing up all your shots because the
prints don't have any colour in them! :-)

Seriously, if they're that oblivious I'd try just not pointing out
anything about it being B&W and see what they do. My guess is that the
combination of ignorance and low pay will mean that they treat
everything as C41 unless customers start confusing them with questions
about B&W or slides.