[OM] Re: Kodak T400CN - processing?

Subject: [OM] Re: Kodak T400CN - processing?
From: "GeeBee" <geebee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 16:09:19 -0000
Hi Martyn,

I used to use a local 30 minute lab who treated me just like a colour film
customer (cheap + fast) with the negs printed to 6 x 4 colour paper. A
slight tint was evident in the prints but they were fine for reference prior
to scanning.

The local lab guy brought forward his retirement when Agfa got into
difficulties so I had to look elsewhere. Bonusprint have proved to be a
disaster, insisting that I pay twice the rate for C41 b&w and send it to a
completely different address. They keep the film for a ridiculously long
period of time and in the case of the last film I sent them, forever.

Pyramid Imaging are lightning fast, send Monday back Wednesday, but they
charge as much as an Ilford (also slow) mailer and I don't get any prints.

Kodak T400 CN is discontinued but I would happily have transferred to their
replacement Kodak BW400 if I could get whichever 14 year old Boots/Tescos
have put in charge of the processing machine to believe that C41 is the same
for b&w or colour.

I have bought some HP5 for when the T400CN finally gives out but if I had
read the post from AG before I purchased I would probably have gone with
Delta. It's a nightmare, anyone would think there is some magical digital
alternative or something :-)

--Graham