[OM] Re: A loaf of bread and a gallon of milk.This is on topic.

Subject: [OM] Re: A loaf of bread and a gallon of milk.This is on topic.
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 12:33:19 -0700 (PDT)
Walt lamented:
> That's it, the "Podmatic" imitation of the Linhof monopod!
> Too late, though, to get it replaced under any sort of
> warranty, real or imaginary.  I got tired of f***ing with it
> and epoxied the five sections of the damn thing together.  Now
> it doesn't collapse at the slightest contact with the ground.

Against my better judgement I bought a Bogen/Manfrotto monopod
beast a couple of years ago.  You know, in this world of Gitzo
and carbon-fiber, old-school aluminum monopods and tripods from
that B/M manufacturer just aren't cool.

Well, a couple of years later, and a whole lot of abuse has
shown me that the decision was the correct one after all.  It's
not very light, but it is not only stable at full or partial
extension but can be used for clubbing poor helpless thugs
wanting your money/gear.  Carrying this thing in the woods as a
walking stick or in the inner-city as a billy-club, the big
black beast is a frightful sight to behold.  I haven't been
mugged yet while carrying it. (of couse my sampling frequency is
rather low).

Oh, I usually have a good-sized ball-head mounted on it to add
to the "swinging mass".  That hex-shaped QR plate kinda turns it
into a mace.

Hmm.  I've been wondering where that nasty dent in the top
section came from...

AG

http://farechase.yahoo.com