[OM] Re: Exploring B/W with Olympus E-1

Subject: [OM] Re: Exploring B/W with Olympus E-1
From: Peter Leyssens <peterleyssens@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 21:32:33 +0200
Well put, Joel.

I'm not always a fan of your style of photography, and I don't like
photos that have been retouched to bring out an ideal vision of a
person.  But you have a very good eye.  The Segovia picture of the
blonde girl shows this very well: your framing is very good (I actually
like the fact that she's tending to be just off-center to the left), the
background has a nice blur, but not too much, and the girl's pose says a
lot about her character.  It's hard to find a fault in this picture and
I'm all supportive of you while you continue to experiment and to create
your own style.  Yuo're clearly having fun and working towards
something, and those 2 are the main things in photography (as in any hobby).

Peter.