[OM] Re: Scanner suggestions, for bulk scanning

Subject: [OM] Re: Scanner suggestions, for bulk scanning
From: Andrew McPhee <macca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 07:57:44 +1000
I can back up Piers' endorsement of the 4000ED.  Although I've only had
mine for a week I found it very easy to use and my results (with b&w neg
scanning) have been spectacular.

I haven't scanned any slides simply because I didn't get the slide adapter
with the kit, I'll have to purchase that separately (the seller had lost
it, grrr).  I bought the scanner on the 'bay, I'd suggest a look around there.

The 4000ED connects using Firewire and the PCI card is included with the
kit, it was a five minute job to install.  If you are running WinXP you'll
need to download the Nik*n Scan 4 software from the Nik*n website (will
forward URL if needed).

Andrew McPhee