[OM] Re: copyright watermarks

Subject: [OM] Re: copyright watermarks
From: Manuel Viet <oly@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 17:26:16 +0200
Le mercredi 28 Septembre 2005 17:03, ScottGee1 a écrit :
> OK, while we're on the subject, anyone have experience with any of the
> digital signatures that can be imbedded into a file?
>
> ScottGee1
>
> On 9/28/05, Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > The problem as I see it with the watermark examples posted is that a
> > competent thief can steal the picture, use judicious clone tool and
> > cropping, and presto, the watermark is gone. To be effective, the
> > watermark has to be large and close to dead-center, which makes it more
> > annoying, but less easy to work around.

Like anything else, what can be embeded can be removed with appropriate
filter ; but it reminds me of a trick I've seen : in France, most postcards
are issued by an agency, an in fact, there are not much photographs that take
the pictures. One of them, while being mostly anonymous, always put a special
flower in pot he's always carrying in the back of his car at a visible spot
of the image. As far as signing goes, it looks much better than a water mark
and it's as personal as anything else.

--
Manuel Viet