[OM] Re: copyright watermarks

Subject: [OM] Re: copyright watermarks
From: swisspace <swisspace@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 15:07:08 +0200
Actually I think I may have phrased the question wrong, I, like I guess
all other list members don't mind sharing some photos, and if someone
likes one enough to hang on their wall or as a screensaver i wouldn't
really mind, what would Pee me off is if they sold it for profit without
giving me any royalties.  I obviously trust the integrity of list
members but the links are on a  site that can be accessed by all web
users, hence I have been flattering myself and watermarking some of them.

so with that in mind does the watermarking offend list members and
should I load two versions on the site  one for general viewing with and
and one for listees without or is it just considered pretentious and
uneccessary to watermark in any case.

I know that compared to most guys on the list I am a relative beginner
and very amateur, but if one day I get it almost perfect (see one of my
newer equipment  - wouldn't we all!

Ian