[OM] Re: 4 more pics

Subject: [OM] Re: 4 more pics
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 09:26:56 -0300

> The last picture has a person wearing a blue shirt near or on the road. It
> looks like he is sitting on something.
> -jeff

I've put up a 1:1 crop of the original of "Switchbacks 3", that shows a blue
and white van in the picture, near the top of the mountain. The van is in
the bottom right corner of the picture, so perhaps that can give you a bit
of idea of the scale. The van is probably the "person" in the blue shirt
Jeff was seeing.
The van was part of our group of 3 vehicles. I can't remember the make, but
it was some sort of short 4-wheel drive van with a diesel engine that sat in
the middle of the vehicle, quite underpowered for the mountains, but did get
there.
There were several more switchbacks in front of us and below us that are not
visible from where we were standing, so are not in the pictures. The blue
van still had to cross below and in front of us on those switchbacks at
least 6 times before it got to our level.

This photo was taken after the blue van had gone out of sight in front of
us, but does show another one of the levels that crossed in front of us. You
can also see a red truck in this photo that is about halfway between the
first and second switchback at the left of the picture.
If you can't see the red truck in the pic, here is a 1:1 crop of it.

I know this is probably a bit boring, as it is hard to visualize when you
haven't been there yourself.

Wayne