[OM] Re: Diffusers Reflectors and studio flashes.

Subject: [OM] Re: Diffusers Reflectors and studio flashes.
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeff-keller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 08:05:17 -0700

ess_W0QQitemZ7544753723QQcategoryZ30084QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQ>
cmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting>

> I own several hotshoe adapter slave units but not the one
> pictured here.
>   It looks very interesting as the shoe adapter has two
> auxiliary PC sockets.  It also appears that the optical
> sensor module itself has a PC plug and can be used
> independently on the end of a PC cord.  Think I may buy one
> of these myself to check it out.
>
> Chuck Norcutt

A quick test showed that if a hotshoe slave adapter was put on the foot of a
T32 which was connected to another T32 via a T Cord, neither would flash.

I rented 3 studio mono-lights a couple months ago. Used for an E-1 they have
much more power than needed. The small sensor enables you to shoot at wider
apertures compared to the MF or LF that the rental mono-lights support. The
recycle time of the mono lights is so fast the only time waiting is for the
E-1 buffer to write to disk. I was using a cord to one of the mono lights,
while the other two were set to slave.

The studio mono-lights are heavy and require large stands. A lot of time
would be spent trying to position them in a small room. I would like to find
some small, light weight, low power, adjustable AC studio flashes. With more
familiarity with the equipment, the modeling light would probably be
helpful, but not knowing what I was doing I found it quicker to look at the
LCD of the E-1 to decide how to adjust the lights.

Thanks Chuck for the link to the slave shoes.

-jeff