[OM] Re: Diffusers Reflectors and studio flashes.

Subject: [OM] Re: Diffusers Reflectors and studio flashes.
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 07:09:21 -0400
swisspace wrote:

> what I don't have is any flash leads etc, do the studio ones on stands
> generally work as slaves?
>
> I was considering something like this which seems a lot for the money

Studio flash units typically have a built-in optical slave (but check
the specific unit).  If you use hot shoe flashes you can mount them on a
hotshoe adapter with built-in optical slave such as this:
<http://cgi.ebay.com/Optical-Slave-Flash-Trigger-Digital-Wireless_W0QQitemZ7544753723QQcategoryZ30084QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting>

I own several hotshoe adapter slave units but not the one pictured here.
  It looks very interesting as the shoe adapter has two auxiliary PC
sockets.  It also appears that the optical sensor module itself has a PC
plug and can be used independently on the end of a PC cord.  Think I may
buy one of these myself to check it out.

Chuck Norcutt