[OM] Re: Diffusers Reflectors and studio flashes.

Subject: [OM] Re: Diffusers Reflectors and studio flashes.
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 10:02:31 -0400
Do it outside and use a reflector which can be as simple as a large
piece of cardboard or foam core board bought at an arts/crafts store.
Colored board is a lot more expensive but white foam core board about
2x3 feet can be bought here in the Boston area for $1/sheet.

Or, make two of something like this:
<http://www.chucknorcutt.com/gear/Umbrella%20adapter%20mounted%20on%20tripod%20%232.jpg>

You don't need two T-32's on each one.  For each light you need only a
single, shoe mount flash, PC to hotshoe adapter, manfrotto unbrella
adapter, umbrella and tripod or, preferably, a small light stand.  If
the shoe mount flash has variable power control so much the better.  In
a small room it may be difficult to control the light by moving the
flash.  Best if you can just dial the power up or down.  Sunpak 422's
are ideal for this type of setup and can be bought for $10-25 on the
bay.  One was recently offered with OM module at $15 and didn't even get
a bid.  Since you're going to use them manually it doesn't matter
whether it has a standard or dedicated module but can do double duty if
it has an OM module.  There are lots of other flash units that could be
used as well but it's hard to beat the 422 for versatility and price.

You should be able to put these together for less than $100 each.

Chuck Norcutt