[OM] Re: Scott's totally subjective 'new E-1' report [windy]

Subject: [OM] Re: Scott's totally subjective 'new E-1' report [windy]
From: jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 14:07:36 -0500
Quoting alfredo pagliano <alfredo_pag@xxxxxxxx>:

> I agree completely
>
> Simpy cannot understand al those AF points on modern
> DSLRs.
>
> Someone uses them though...

I haven't disabled the feature on the E-1 and don't find
it disturbing except when I want the thing to lock with
the right one and it wants to go to the left one, which
when I have observed it, happens most of the time.

But long since I turned on the feature that allows me to
doing the initial focusing with the AF and then take over
manually.  I use that probably 99% of the time.  For some
reason my compositions rarely have the critical focal
point right smack dab in the middle of the frame.

The C8080 allows you to move the focus bubble around a
little bit.  This allows you to do lots of macro shooting
on a tripod in AF (i.e., without having to resort to the
nearly unusable MF of the C8080).  MF however can be quite
useful on the C8080 if you get the spot correctly locked
in focus in AF mode, touch the AF/MF button at the point
to switch to MF and effectively lock the focus point, then
recompose and snap the image.  Nifty camera.

Joel W.