[OM] Re: New Base for OM Lenses...hmm

Subject: [OM] Re: New Base for OM Lenses...hmm
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 14:04:58 -0400
Rob Harrison wrote:

> What is the expected price? I didn't see it on dpreview.... Full-frame would
> really make the difference for me, as I could then use my shifts for
> interiors...
>  Like these: <http://harrisonarchitects.com/harding_main.htm>
---------------------------------------

Announced price is $3299 or 3459 euros.  I'm guessing that the street
price after awhile will probably settle to around $2500, thus my comment
that it will be a rougly $1000 premium over the 20D.

In some recent speculation over this camera before it was announced I
read (as near as I can recall) that Canon was originally only achieving
1-2% yields on their full frame sensor line for the likes of the 1Ds.
They are now claimed to be running 20% yield on the 5D line.  I don't
know what kind of yields are possible on such a large chip.  I haven't
paid too much attention to the semiconductor business since I left IBM
years ago.

Chuck Norcutt
http://www.chucknorcutt.com/