[OM] Re: Polarizer question

Subject: [OM] Re: Polarizer question
From: jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 06:38:00 -0500

Yes it would flare (or might).  But ...

Two things:  1) I'm not trying to suggest a causal
relationship between a filter's coating characteristics and
lens flare.  2) Not recommending a *poorly* coated filter
in any case.

I just don't think the Super Dooper coated filters are
worth the money.  The more simply coated ones from Hoya,
which are less expensive (though not inexpensive), do a
good job.

Are the less expensive ones as good as the Super Dooper
ones?  I don't know because I don't buy the expensive
ones.  I'm even prepared to say they aren't as good, but
I've never seen the difference demonstrated and because of
#1 above, I'm guessing the differences are immeasurably
small.

That's my catechism. :)

Joel W.