[OM] Re: SyncBack, was Re: **SPAM** Re: Back up your data.

Subject: [OM] Re: SyncBack, was Re: **SPAM** Re: Back up your data.
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 06:50:23 -0400
I didn't give up on XXCLONE in favor of SyncBack (which I didn't know
about at the time and which can't actually clone the boot drive) but in
favor of the Western Digital clone utility.

The WD utility comes with a new WD drive to allow you to clone your old
drive in favor of the new (and presumably  larger) WD drive.  Unlike the
equivalent Seagate utility, the WD utility did not complain about trying
to apply it to non-WD drives.  It also actually worked which the Seagate
did not.  The Seagate crapped out with an internal error before it got
to moving any actual data.  My suspicion is that the Seagate had not
been tested on Win 2000.  The WD utility works so well that I didn't see
any need to fuss with XXCLONE.

Chuck Norcutt