[OM] Re: SyncBack, was Re: **SPAM** Re: Back up your data.

Subject: [OM] Re: SyncBack, was Re: **SPAM** Re: Back up your data.
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 22:52:31 -0400
Scott Gomez wrote:
> I went through this boot nonsense recently with XP. Try downloading
> XXCLONE (I believe I've got the name right; you should be able to Google
> it up with no problem) which is designed to copy the disk and make it
> bootable. It *did* allow me to *boot* my copy just fine, but there were
> other issues (having nothing to do with XXCLONE, as far as I can tell)
> that prevented it running properly. Ultimately I opted to just create a
> clean installation--first time I had needed to do so--even through many
> upgrades of both O/S and disks--since I switched to WinNT 3.1 many,
> many, many moons ago.

I downloaded XXCLONE about a month ago and subscribed to the mail list
which covers XXCOPY and XXCLONE.  The mail has been an endless
progression of discussing an endless array of command line switches
and... bugs.  I decided not to give it a try with my data.  The
discussion of SyncBack also rang a bell and I did a search through the
trash and discovered someone on the XXCLONE list signing off to go to
SyncBack.

Chuck Norcutt