[OM] Re: 3 pics

Subject: [OM] Re: 3 pics
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 13:10:28 -0300

----- Original Message -----
From: "Earl Dunbar" <edunbar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, August 05, 2005 10:26 AM

> What a relief!  I'd love to have backdoor access to water like that... I
> love marshy wetlands and all the life (and photo ops) they present.

>From our backdoor you can throw a stone into this marsh, which is part of a
small river. It all connects into about 10 miles of river, a natural canal,
and a lake,  if we had energy enough to paddle the canoe that far. It's also
pretty good bass fishing, though the one Dustin has on in the picture is
just a yellow perch.
It attracts lots of creatures, especially birds and dragonflies. We see
beavers almost every time we go out, sometimes muskrats or the occasional
otter. Of course there is no end of various kinds of flowers and pond
lilies. I've put up 3 pics of flowers that I took there last evening. It's
not so easy trying to get pics from a canoe, especially with someone fishing
from the other end of it.
http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder.tcl?folder_id=516949

The downside of it all of course is lots of mosquitoes in the early summer.

Wayne