[OM] Re: 3 pics/cedar canoe OT

Subject: [OM] Re: 3 pics/cedar canoe OT
From: Earl Dunbar <edunbar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 07:11:13 -0400
Canoes made on a form with cedar ribs and cedar strips are "normally"
covered with canvas, though they can also be epoxied.  My 15' boat was
made by Will Ruch, (http://ruch.wcha.org/) who has recently moved from
Muskoka to Bancroft.  Mine was about 52 lbs, so is pretty light for its
size.

Best all around?  Oooh, I won't go there.  Paddlers can get as intense
on that subject as photographers get over digital vs. film!  I'll just
say that I paddled lots of canoes before making my final decision, so I
guess mine is best all around for me.  ;-)

Earl