[OM] Re: olympus Digest V2 #210

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus Digest V2 #210
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 10:55:09 -0400 (EDT)
On Sun, 31 Jul 2005, Wayne Harridge wrote:

> I wouldn't say no light fall off at the edges, I think there is some
> darkening in the corners, however it is hard to tell for sure as it's not an
> evenly lit, even toned image.

Yes, a sky isn't the best subject for evaluating light fall off.  Besides
not being 100% evenly lit, the light can also be polarised.  When I first
got the ZD 7-14mm I did test it using a lightly coloured evenly lit wall
and I didn't notice any light fall off.  Perhaps a more scientific and
accurate test may show some, but to my eyes I didn't see any.
                                        -mark