[OM] Re: Workshop photos

Subject: [OM] Re: Workshop photos
From: Earl Dunbar <edunbar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 07:21:42 -0400
James:  Earlier this month I took a "hip shot" while at a jazz
festival.  I was walking back through the crowd to procure a bottle of
wine for us, and there was a photogenic couple that I shot with the SP
as I passed by.  I haven't processed the film (APX 100) yet, but perhaps
I shall before this next weekend.

This next weekend my wife and I are going to Toronto to attend the Taste
of the Danforth (www.tasteofthedanforth.com), which will present photo
subjects galore.  (We're taking the ferry from Rochester to T.O. to
boot, so that will present even more opportunities.)

 From your experience (and that of others) do you have any additional
tips?  I haven't done a lot of shooting using hyperfocal distance for
awhile, so I'm hoping that I'll be able to recover that skill quickly
enough.  Any additional tips?  Since this is basically a huge party
(attendance over 3 days will top a million), I don't think people will
be adverse to having lenses pointed at them.

I plan on taking the 35SP and an OM-1n (or perhaps a 2n) with the 28/2.8
or 28/3.5 and /maybe/ the 21/2. I need to travel very light, so unless
anyone has other suggestions, this is the kit.  Hyperfocal focusing
should be pretty easy with the wides on the OM, and slightly more fussy
on the SP w/ it's perfect 42mm focal length.  ;-)

 Depending on conditions, I'll use APX 100 or Ilford XP2 Super, and for
colour either K64,  Elitechrome 100 or perhaps a higher speed print
film.  Since the festival stretches into late night, I'll take some high
speed b&w, too.

Earl