[OM] Re: Why not digital? (was: Confession time...)

Subject: [OM] Re: Why not digital? (was: Confession time...)
From: "R. Jackson" <jackson.robert.r@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 03:18:37 -0700
Boy, Coppola Theater at SFSU has always sucked because of the digital
projection. We very occasionally got a 35mm print of something to
watch, but mostly we watched the curriculum from DVDs and in the 300-
seat theater with a screen comparable in size to most theater screens
the digital projection was too dim, too washed-out and from the front
five rows or so it looked like you were watching some kind of
pointillist study. Oh wretched pixel, why dost thou torment me?

Oh yeah, and August Coppola cleverly designed the building so the
dance studio is right above the theater. Nothing like being in the
middle of Grand Illusion while hearing the elephantine thudding of a
room full of modern dance students.