[OM] Re: Confession time.../OM-3Ti

Subject: [OM] Re: Confession time.../OM-3Ti
From: Peter Leyssens <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 15:33:03 +0200

Andrew,

> Point taken Peter.  I guess my point is this - my 30yo OM-1 is still going
> strong and I'm very confident that it'll still be working in another 30
> years time.

Same here for my OM-4Ti, except I've had it for less than 10 years.  But
then I bought it second hand.  I've used it in rain storms in Schotland,
in downtown L.A. after night fall, in the heavy humidity in Japan,
dropped it on a quay there and lost the self-timer/beeper cover.  It
looks like a pile of junk, but boy, it's a jewel :)

I wonder what the couples will think when they see that camera in front
of their noses during the wedding photo sessions I have in August :)

> I too have an OM-4.  I don't have a 90mm f2 but I do have a 100 f2.8 that
> is very sweet.  But I'll admit that I'm not as confident that the OM-4 will
> last another 30 years.

That might be a good reason (if you allow me to go cross-thread) to get
the OM-3Ti.  It's all-mechanical except for the light meter.  I got my
OM-3 (non-Ti) when the light meter in my OM-1 broke, so I don't think
the OM-1 is more robust in that respect.

Peter.