[OM] Re: Confession time...

Subject: [OM] Re: Confession time...
From: Peter Leyssens <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 10:46:27 +0200

Andrew,

> But then I read on the list of the problems people are having with their
> E-1's.  Customizing the camera via the menu system.  Flashing lights going
> berserk.  Everything going dead.

Well, that's of course the purpose of this list: to talk about problems,
and to get solutions for them. If I would've gotten worried about all
problems with OM or E cameras mentioned here, I wouldn't have continued :)

> I don't know why I have been tempted by the dark side.  But no more.

As a matter of fact, I have to confess too. I was *so* tempted by the
dropping prices of the E-1. I had my wish list ready, was on the lookout
around for a little backup box and a flash card. I even had an
opportunity: a friend's marriage ! Perfect excuse to buy a new camera, no ?

Then it struck me: darn, I have an OM-4Ti and a 90mm/f2 ! Why the hell
should I invest a lot to come near this setup ?  I have it in my hands
already !

The only thing missing was a winder, but fortunately, there's Zuikoholic
Enablers United, and my favorite member lives a train ride away. First
thing he said was: have one, LNIB :) It'll be in my hands real soon, and
I already phoned my local photo shop for a pile of Portra VC 160.

But really, one day (preferably when I have an income again), the
E-1/2/3 will be mine !

Peter.

BTW, does anybody still have the "decline and fall" photo series of a
zuikoholic ?  I don't remember who it was, but it started with him
looking into the window of his local photo equipment store and ended
with him begging in front of it.