[OM] Re: Best guess for arrival of E-2/E-3

Subject: [OM] Re: Best guess for arrival of E-2/E-3
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 07:06:50 -0700 (PDT)
> Robert, for the sake of discussion, how large do you want to
> be able to make your prints?

AND how often?  Do you normally shoot medium or large format?

Not to be tough, here, but if the MAJORITY of your prints are
ultra-large, shouldn't you be looking at a digital format larger
than 4/3 or APS?  I'd be looking at the 1DsM2 at a minimum.

The problem isn't just the sensor. 5MP from the E-1 makes very
nice 20x24 prints from a professional lab.  But the resolution
limit at this size is either anti-aliasing filter limited or
lens limited.  It isn't pixel count.

If you are comparing to 35mm, I'd throw in that the E-1 is able
to consistantly achieve enlargement qualities equalling or
exceeding what I typically get from the OMs.  They key word here
is consistant.

Would I like higher pixel count than what the E-1 gives me, but
it hasn't been critical.  300dpi in print sizes beyond 11x14 is
pretty much unnecessary due to increased viewing distances and
other limitations not related to the sensor.

When I can't get a decent enlargement from a 5MP file I've got
to blame myself, not the camera.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com