[OM] Re: Sigma 600mm mirror lens - ooops!

Subject: [OM] Re: Sigma 600mm mirror lens - ooops!
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 18:05:07 -0400
Thanks, Moose and sorry, Andrew.  The Sigma resolution numbers I posted
and *panned* this morning were a typo (probably on my part) from a
spreadsheet I have of the Modern mirror lens test results.  It was
obvious to me on closer inspection that the resolution numbers I had at
center and edge were the same as the contrast numbers at center and
edge.  Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

Anyhow, the Zuiko is still the contrast champ and outperforms even the
Questar by a signficant margin.  That's saying a mouthful.

I hope the Sigma hasn't escaped if that will suit you.

Chuck Norcutt