[OM] Re: #225

Subject: [OM] Re: #225
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 18:11:02 +0100
Walt

Bad luck with the fire; how very frustrating.  People are putting on
exhibitions of that sort of subject in the UK now.

I don't think that those are tankers.  I believe, now, that KC135s
were indeed used in SE Asia, but they are jet-propelled.  I don't
think that propellor aircraft are fast enough to refuel jets --
comfortably at least.  They normally have to "toboggan" to get the
speed high enough (point downhill) and that limits the time available
for a fighter's contact to refuel.

Well, that's what I wrote  before I read this:http://www.wpafb.af.mil/
museum/outdoor/od17a.htm
or this: http://www.wpafb.af.mil/museum/outdoor/od18.htm