[OM] Re: #225

Subject: [OM] Re: #225
From: "Scott Gomez" <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 07:46:48 -0700
Walt,

Those are KC-97s, and by the fact that I see a wing tank on at least
one, I'd go so far as to say they are KC-97Gs. They are the tanker
variant of the C-97 Stratofreighter, a postwar transport based on the
B-29 bomber. NYANG flew C-97s from the airport about 2 miles from where
I lived in the 60s. I rode one myself.

Ref: http://www.boeing.com/history/boeing/c97.html

---
Scott Gomez