[OM] The Magic Boxes are on their way

Subject: [OM] The Magic Boxes are on their way
From: "om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 17:05:16 -0400
I don't know if many remember late last year when Tom Scales offered to
give away a whole bunch of OM-related stuff that he had collected for the
cost-of-shipping.  But he's found the time in between caring for his wife
and earning a living to pack up and ship me five boxes of goodies.  I
didn't ask him for an inventory, so I don't know exactly what's coming next
week after I return from my mini-vacation.

In any case, the general premise for distribution is that all the items
will be free or perhaps a nominal amount for something like a lens, etc.,
plus shipping, which will be by the easiest method that I can fine, likely
Priority Mail in the US (free boxes) and Uninsured Air Mail overseas.  I'll
probably add a modest fee of $.50 or $1.00 ea on top to reimburse Tom for
his shipping cost and hassle.  I'll probably use PayPal for the preferred
method, which might entail something extra there too for my OOP fees.

To make everything more even, this is how I'd propose that we dole this
stuff out  Asking for "the first email" isn't really fair, IMO.  What do
you "guys" think about some sort of lottery system for the most desirable
items, and some sort of limit on the other items.  I'll do a rating like A,
B, C that takes into account desirability and value, and one person can
only buy multiples of one class after everyone has had a chance.  I'll work
out some sort of system, but I'd like some feedback first.  I may bundle
some stuff into lots too.

Skip

http://mail2web.com/ .