[OM] Re: The Gimp

Subject: [OM] Re: The Gimp
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 06:47:15 -0700 (PDT)
Hey, it's free.  :)

Anyway, I use the windows style interface with the standard
"File, Edit, Select, View..." pulldown menus.  "Select All" is
found under "Select"

Resizing the image is done under "Image", "Scale Image".  Mine
is set to pixel dimensions, so I just change the number of
pixels on one side. With the little chain lock on it will keep
the proportions correct.  Do a resolution change in a different
operation.

The floating minimenus are complicated at best, but actually do
serve a useful purpose.

Under "Filters", "Enhance", "Sharpen" is one of the best USM
sharpening algorithms I'm ever used.  I'll use regular USM once
in a while, but this particular one is outstanding and works
extremely well on a downsized image.

AG

Yahoo! Mail