[OM] The Gimp

Subject: [OM] The Gimp
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 23:30:57 +1200
Hi all,

I know some of you use The Gimp for image editing, as you have said so.

I find it a most unintuitive program, with unhelpful help files, and I have
practically given up on it.

I spent more than an hour trying to re-size ONE jpeg file and eventually gave
up as all it did seemed to screw up. I was unable to usefully select what I
wanted. There is no "select all" command, and the mini menus which seem
to be designed to give precise control over doing things (including selection)
to displayed images, don't work by using any logic I am familiar with.  Very
frustrating. Very.

The mini-menus also float anywhere on the screen, which is a pain. A
strange program.

Brian